Brian Harry gives a summary of lots of work item enhancements that I've been looking for:
- A focus on requirements and traceability. Among other things, the MSF CMMI guidance has been updated to include new work item types and reports. MSF Agile will be updated in the future.
- Hierarchical work items for work breakdown and status rollups.
- Extensible link types to be able to relate work in whatever ways fit your process.
- Querying over links to enable traceability and easily answering hard questions about ongoing work.
- Querying based on group membership to be able to scope to the people on your team easily.
On Codeplex there is now a 496 page book Team Development with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server which is sure to be riveting reading.